Sunday 3 June 2012

TAST 22 - Knotted Cretan Stitch

I had a busy week and could not do much with this stitch.   It was easy as I had earlier done the Cretan stitch in  TAST.   I have combined the knotted cretan stitch with Mary Corbet's  Stitch Play .  



First, I stitched a row of Knotted Cretan stitch.  Then I took two different varigated orange and pale green Perl cotton threads and weaved them in the bottom straight line made by the Knotted Cretan Stitch.  Then I weaved the top straight line of Knotted Cretan Stitch with scarlet and dark green Perl cotton threads.

I should have placed my knotted cretan's near to each other, to get a better look of  this trial.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.